LeSS and Learn
Deepen Knowledge and Share Experiences
Large-Scale Scrum (LeSS) is a seemingly simple set of principles, rules, guides, and experiments. However, when these relatively simple to understand concepts collide with a typical overly-complex organization, the steps forward are far from trivial. The smart minds working in the organization are not synchronized towards the same perfection vision. People feel threatened, their jobs will change, they will need to learn. They know learning can be fun… but also uncomfortable. Habits will need to change, and politics…
You are in a LeSS adoption or gradually moving in that direction. You have had your pCLP, CLP or CLE a while ago already. You are not discouraged yet and want to move on. Share your experience, deepen your knowledge, learn some new LeSS topics that are most relevant now. This event will give you that opportunity; an opportunity to deepen knowledge, explore the well known and less well known LeSS experiments.
About the course
This 2-day LeSS & Learn event is an in-depth journey connecting experiences of LeSS practitioners with sound theory and principles by highly skilled Certified LeSS Trainers. The event will be a collective mentoring session where we deepen LeSS knowledge and generate a lasting impact.
Exclusively for people who attended a Certified LeSS Practitioner and/or Certified LeSS for Executives training. The training is for those who want to continue their learning journey towards LeSS mastery. It is considered the proper way to extend your existing certification and shows a clear intention to grow expertise. People attending multiple of these events can genuinely be considered candidate LeSS experts.
We will cover a mix of course topics with a high focus on sharing experiences and experiments. We share and discuss LeSS and LeSS-Huge adoption war stories, workshops, tips, and coaching techniques.
The agenda for this 2-day event will be created and adjusted by your initiative, using the ideas you bring with you regarding LeSS. It is considered good practice to come prepared by exploring your knowledge gaps using the LeSS online assessment. You will develop and capture ideas you have passion for and make plans that will move your ideas forward in your organization. Your input will be essential for the success of this event. As an attendee, we expect that you prepare questions you might want to bring in; talks you want to give; workshops you want to run and other stuff you want to do during the event.
Given the topics you bring forward – before and during the 2-day event – the Certified LeSS Trainer will act as a guide and mentor towards deeper knowledge and experience by doing and by teaching.
Common topics that are addressed during this event:
- Deeper insight in LeSS principles, like Lean Thinking
- Scrum Masters, how to educate them?
- Organizing coaching
- Coaching the Product Owner
- Tips for running communities
- Technical practices at scale, how they work and why they are important?
- Understanding and dealing with politics
- Pain and Fear in a LeSS transformation
- What to expect when starting a second LeSS area?
- Designing for perfection and working with perceived constraints
- Performance management
- Contracting with vendors/suppliers
- Dependencies with external parts (internal/external)
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Reducing/Removing Queues over Managing Queues
- Supporting people in their single-specialization to multi-specialization journey
- LeSS Metrics
Examples of topics brought by participants:
- My organization is still not moving forward towards LeSS, what steps should I take?
- How can I convince…
- The teams are not working according to the Definition of Done, what to do?
- How to get real customers in the Sprint Review?
- Can I visit a LeSS adoption?
- I’d like to share what we did
- Could you cover topic X again?