Provisional Certified LeSS Practitioner - Principles to Practices
This 5-day provisional Certified LeSS Practitioner (pCLP) course consists of a total of 10 modules of 3 hours each. We will cover in this course the same content as in the CLP and follow the same Learning Objectives as in the CLP.
Large-Scale Scrum (LeSS) is a framework for scaling agile development to multiple teams. LeSS builds on top of the Scrum principles such as empiricism, cross-functional self-managing teams and provides a framework for applying that at scale. It provides simple structural rules and guidelines on how to adopt Scrum in large product development.
This provisional Certified LeSS Practitioner course is an in-depth course covering the LeSS principles, framework and rules, and guides. It provides essential information for adopting and improving LeSS to your product development group. The course contains an overview of LeSS, stories on LeSS adoptions, exercises and extensive LeSS Q&A to ensure we discuss the topics most of interest to the participants.
The provisional Certified LeSS Practitioner course is for anyone who is already involved or is planning a large agile adoption. Basic Scrum knowledge is expected and can be achieved by attending a Certified ScrumMaster or a Professional ScrumMaster course, or thoroughly reading Scrum introduction material such as the Scrum Primer and practicing Scrum.
The course consits of 10 online modules of 3 hours each, spread over 5 days e.g.,
- Mo 9-12 and 14-17
- Tu 9-12 and 14-17
- We 9-12 and 14-17
- Th 9-12 and 14-17
- Fr 9-12 and 14-17
In this course we use the following tools:
- Zoom: a one-time registration is necessary to get a free account. Zoom can be used from a PC / Mac, tablet, and smartphone. Participation via video is welcome.
- Miro: We use Miro for almost all group work. No account or registration is necessary. All work can be successfully processed as a guest.
- Google: We will use google docs for a few exercises. No account or registration is necessary. All work can be successfully processed as a guest.
Example of online Systems Thinking
Example of an online mindmap
Gallery view in zoom:
The following topics will be covered in the provisional Certified LeSS Practitioner course:
- Why LeSS?
- Scrum, LeSS and LeSS Huge Overview
- LeSS Rules and Principles
- Organizing around Customer Value and Feature Teams
- What is your product?
- Definition of Done and its impacts.
- Product Owner and Product Backlog
- Role of Management
- Organizational impacts and typical LeSS organizational structure
- LeSS Product Backlog Refinement, Sprint Planning, Review and Retrospective
- Consideration on technical practices when scaling.
- Integration & Coordination
- Adopting LeSS in your organization
- Scrum Master role within LeSS
- Case Study: German big Insurance company